Definition of Mars Dosha
"Mars dosha is caused by Mars being 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, or 12 house from Lagna or Moon or Venus."
Cancellation of Mars Dosha
Cancellation will happen, if
- Mars is in his own signs - Aries or Scorpio
- Mars in Venus signs (Taurus or Libra) in 4th or 7th house
- Mars in Mercury signs (Gemini or Virgo) in 2nd house
- Mars in the house owned by Sun, Moon, or Saturn
- Mars in 8th house and house occupied by Mars is owned by Jupiter
Mars Dosha Matching
- If, in the bride's chart, there is Mars dosha; select such a bridegroom who also has more or less similar Mars Dosha
- If there is Mars dosha with cancellation in the bride's chart, there is Mars dosha; select such a bridegroom who also has Mars Dosha with cancellation
- If there is no dosha at all in the bride's chart and it is termed as Sudha Jathakam, match it with one which has no dosha at all
Please note that the same principles are applicable to bride as well as bridegroom match. Please make necessary adjustments.
Other Related Doshas
The cause difference of opinion, disagreement, dispute, divorce etc. among couple is not left to Mars alone, any planet can cause such undesirable effect provided they happen to be deposited in such a positions e.g. -
- The sublord of that planet is significator of 6 or 10 or 12.
- If the same sublord also signifies 2 or 7 or 11, the problem will be there only for a short period of time.
- The sublord of a planet is Mars and Mars is significator of 6 or 10 or 12, there will be violence and separation
- The sublord of a planet is Saturn, silence and remain dumb-sit and strike
(All above taken from: KP IV reader, Page 68, Sixth edition - June 1993)
Some other opinions